Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are built and enhanced with modern APIs to deliver enhanced capabilities, reliability, and installability while reaching anyone, anywhere, on any device with a single codebase.
In the simplest terms, a progressive web app is a website made to resemble an application
installed on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, or desktop.
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps
1. Speed of lightning: A PWA makes the application load faster than a regular website, which is pivotal for an excellent user experience.
2. Simplicity and perfection: A progressive web application may be installed easily and quickly with a few taps without leaving the webpage or opening the store.
3. Universality: Progressive web apps are compatible with all devices and platforms, namely Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Chrome OS.
4. Personal touch: Digicent make sure that the apps are more personalized than regular mobile apps, which greatly boosts customer engagement and loyalty.
5. Striking balance: PWAs help to increase organic traffic and to decrease bounce rate.
6. No more Downtime: By using cached data from the earlier online activities, Digicent make applications which are able to perfectly work even without access to the Internet.
Drawbacks of Progressive Web App
1. Decentralized search: A user cannot just enter the app store and find the necessary app or stumble upon a random one. Either users know what they want or they are not likely to find it.
2. Bad news for Apple Lovers: While Microsoft and Google work to develop and encourage the development of PWAs, Apple does not seem very eager to play by their rules. Even though Safari already supports PWAs, the functionality is limited, and the users are unable to experience all the benefits of this technology.
3. Isolation: Different PWAs cannot share resources or data among themselves
because they are highly separated.
Digicent understands that having to look for an app in the store is too much effort for
modern-day users. People strive to save their time and effort and, at the same time, to find
the most effective solutions. Therefore, PWA technology is applied to enable users to access
a native-like mobile version of their favourite website with a single tap.
We employ the most recent web technology aimed at delivering the most amazing web
experience to the user. By boosting the performance, accessibility, and user engagement,
Digicent ensure that these apps are fast, engaging, and reliable.